This website uses cookies. Learn more via our web privacy policy. For questions, please email
Transfers - Columbus State University

{{ rssData.title }}

{{ rssData.description }}

Center for Global Engagement


Transferring Between US Universities

As an F1 Visa student you should always maintain your status and keep your current SEVIS I-20 with you while in the United States. When transferring between universities you should always speak with the international office of your current university and the university that you are transferring to in order to make sure that your SEVIS record is transferred properly.

Transferring to Columbus State University

Steps for current F1 visa holders to transfer their SEVIS record from another U.S. university to CSU:

  1. Student provides their current university with their acceptance letter from Columbus State University
  2. Student completes the CSU Transfer In Form
  3. The Transfer-In Form will automatically go to the P/DSO at student’s current university
  4. Once complete, the Transfer-In Form will automatically go to the P/DSO at CSU
  5. P/DSO at CSU will verify that the student is in status according to visa requirements
  6. P/DSO at CSU will confirm that the student has provided all required financial information to cover their studies at CSU
  7. P/DSO at CSU will transfer student’s SEVIS record in and issue a new I-20.

Transferring From Columbus State University to Another Us University

In order to transfer to another university you will need to provide us with an acceptance letter from your new university before we can transfer your record. Please speak with the international office to find out what else they require prior to transferring there.

Transfer While on OPT

If you are currently on OPT and are going to enroll in a new program it is extremely important that you are in contact with both International Student Services offices. If your I-20 is updated to a new program while you are on OPT then your OPT is automatically terminated and you are no longer allowed to continue working. Coordination between the two offices will allow you to continue your OPT as long as possible.

Ask Cody

Ask Cody