Orientation & Immigration Requirements
Orientation is MANDATORY for all incoming International Students.
- Dates: Thursday & Friday, August 11 & 12, 2022
- Times: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., daily
- Location: Schuster Student Success Center – Room 130
Please review the campus map for location.
A full schedule will be emailed directly to incoming students.
Note: We cannot offer individual make up sessions or answer individual questions (in-person or by e-mail) on topics covered during orientation sessions.
Sign up for International Orientation
(Sign-up is required to ensure a spot and meals)
The $50 fee includes:
- Meals during orientation sessions
- Transportation to shopping trips and on-campus activities during orientation
Paying the Orientation Fee
- International payments - Do NOT use if your are paying with a U.S. bank account or credit card
- U.S. Payments - U.S. payments only
Transportation from the Atlanta airport to Columbus
We suggest making a reservation with Groome Transportation, a private shuttle service. You can also catch a Groome shuttle in Atlanta without a reservation; however, you will have to wait for an available seat and be prepared to pay at that time. Reservations are highly recommended in order to guarantee a ride will be available (especially with the COVID-19 pandemic).
Groome Transportation will take you to their office in Columbus. You must then arrange for a taxi to take you to the CSU campus or to your accommodations.
Required Documents Upon Arrival
The following documents must be provided to verify your legal entry into the United States.
You MUST submit these documents along with additional forms that you will be asked to fill out during orientation, to have a complete immigration file.
This must be done by Monday, January 31, 2022.
- I-94 - You can obtain this from the I-94 Travel Records for U.S. Visitors website
You should also keep a copy of this document with your I-20 - this verifies your legal entry in to the US and you will need this for various things
- I-20 or DS-2019 - please provide a PDF of your I-20j, make sure to sign it!
Read page 3 before signing
Always keep your original I-20's in a safe location
- F1 or J1 Visa - please provide a PDF copy of your approved Visa
Link to submit documents: Upload Admission Documents