Welcome to ROAR Orientation
ROAR is Columbus State's orientation program for new undergraduate students (first-year, transfers, and non-traditional) as well as their parents, family members, and guests. ROAR is designed to offer guidance and promote positive student success throughout your college transition at Columbus State University. During orientation new students will have the opportunity to meet with their academic advisor, register for their first semester of courses, obtain their student ID, and meet with current students and staff.
Spring 2024 - Orientation is closed; please email orientation at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your hold lifted.
Summer 2024 - Orientation opens on February 1st; please choose the right orientation for you and follow the steps.
Fall 2024 - Orientation opens on February 1st; please choose the right orientation for you and follow the steps.
Choose the Right Orientation for You
Non-traditional & Transfer Students (under 30 credit hours)
Students who have been out of high school for more than 5 years or those transferring from another institution with less than thirty hours.Register Now
The Graduate School does not require students to complete an orientation session for enrollment at this time. Graduate students can contact their academic advisor for questions and additional support.
If you are currently a high school student who has been accepted to take both high school and college classes, please contact email@example.com.
If you have graduated from high school and you are entering CSU as a first year full time student please go to the First Year Students tab.
- The HOPE scholarship and other scholarships do not cover the cost of the orientation fee. Your ROAR fee will be due at the time of registration. For the fee-payment calendar, please visit the Office of Student Accounts website.
- If you are currently dual enrolled, are still attending high school, and will be remaining in high school for the following term, you will be invited to a special event by Dr. Melissa Young. Please monitor your CSU email for details!
Summer 2024 ROAR Dates
- Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 5pm
- Friday, May 10, 2024 at 12pm
- Friday, May 31, 2024 at 5pm
Fall 2024 ROAR Dates
- Saturday, June 22, 2024 on Main Campus
- Thursday, June 27, 2024 on Main Campus
- Friday, July 12, 2024 on Riverpark Campus
- Saturday, July 20, 2024 on Riverpark Campus
- Saturday, July 27, 2024 on Main Camp