This website uses cookies. Learn more via our web privacy policy. For questions, please email
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Columbus State University

{{ rssData.title }}

{{ rssData.description }}

Office of the Registrar

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

In compliance with The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, Columbus State University has established policies and procedures to assure students of their rights under the Act. FERPA is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. CSU's policies and procedures may be viewed in the CSU Student Handbook by accessing the Student Life and Services website at

Detailed information regarding FERPA can be found at the US Department of Education website at

Credits are transferred by submitting official transcripts from all institutions you have previously attended. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Office of Admissions. The transcripts will be processed and a determination will be made as to which credits will be transferred and whether you are accepted to the institution.

You may be able to receive credit for military service. Submit a readable copy of your DD214/295 or AARTS transcript to the Admissions Office or the Registrar's Office. For a listing of AP and CLEP tests and the scores required for credit, go to

It is up to each individual institution as to which courses it will accept for credit from another institution. Therefore, contact that institution to determine its transfer policies and which courses will be accepted for credit.

Applying for graduation is done online in MyCSU. Applications for the intended term of graduation must be complete by the last day of class the previous semester/term (i.e. fall graduation must be complete by the last day of class for the summer term, spring graduation-last day of class for the fall and summer term-last day of class for the spring semester).

Orders may be placed through Parchment. Undergraduate diplomas cost $25 and graduate diplomas cost $40.

Enrollment verifications are processed through the National Student Clearinghouse Student Self-Service Site as a free service to CSU students. From this site you can print enrollment certificates (which can be sent to health insurances, housing providers and others), view enrollment history, check enrollment verifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to student service providers on your behalf, view student loan deferments and link to real-time information on student loans. Access to this secure site is available through MyCSU.

  1. Multiply the number of grade points earned (A=4; B=3; C=2; D=1; F=0; WF=0) by the number of GPA credit hours for the course.
  2. Add all GPA credit hours together.
  3. Add all grade points together.
  4. Divide the total grade points by the total number of GPA credit hours.

Contact the Registrar's Office at

The progress of all students is evaluated at the end of each semester. Determination of academic standing is based on a student's overall and semester grade point averages. Please refer to the academic catalog for the complete policy.

A student may appeal a grade received as well as certain degree requirements. A student who wishes to exercise this right should follow the appropriate procedure as follows:

  1. To appeal a grade the student feels is unfair or inaccurate, follow the academic grievance process listed under the Student Rights and Responsibilities section of the Student Handbook.
  2. To appeal a requirement in Areas A-F of the core curriculum or a general university requirement, the student should meet with his advisor to discuss the nature of the appeal. If there is merit to the appeal, the advisor will assist the student in completing an Exception Petition form to be submitted to the university's Academic Standards Committee for review. If approved by the Committee, the petition will be forwarded to the Vice President for Academic Affairs for a final decision.

Ask Cody

Ask Cody