Students will spend 16 weeks in full-time teaching activities under the supervision of a classroom teacher in elementary, middle and/or secondary schools. Guidelines for submitting applications to student teach are as follows:
- Students are recommended to meet with their academic advisors before submitting their application in Tk20.
Applications for each semester will be available via Tk20 immediately following each closing deadline date. These deadlines are:
- The deadline to submit an application to start student teaching in the Fall semester is Jan 15th.
- The deadline to submit an application to start student teaching in the Spring semester is Sept 15th.
- Students must be members in good standing in the Teacher Education Program prior to submitting the student teaching application.
- Students must have a minimum score of three on each component of the Model of Appropriate Practice (MAP) Evaluation and Rubric for the Evaluation of Dispositions.
- Students must complete all courses related to major with a grade of "C" or better unless otherwise approved by the program coordinator. Students need to contact their program coordinator for specific information regarding the approval process.
- Students may not hold outside employment during the semester of student teaching without permission from the Coordinator of Student Teaching.
- Students must hold current CPR/First Aid certificates and liability insurance before being allowed to register for student teaching course(s). Documentation must be uploaded into Tk20.
- Students who apply for student teaching must not have previously withdrawn from, been denied admission to, and/or been removed from student teaching at CSU or another institution unless otherwise approved by the Coordinator of Student Teaching.
- After the submission of the application, the academic advisor/program coordinator will review and recommend application to the Coordinator of Student Teaching for final approval.
Student Teaching Resources
- Student Teaching and Clinical III Handbook (PDF)
- Spring 2022 Student Teaching, Clinical III, and Internship Calendar (PDF)
- Request to Work Form (PDF)
- Request to Take a Course Form (PDF)
- Model of Appropriate Practice
- Emergency Absence Form (PDF)
- Code of Ethics for Georgia Educators (PDF)
- Tiered Certification Quick Reference (PDF)
- Suggested Timeline for Student Teachers (PDF)
- Student Teaching Notebook Checklist (PDF)
- Rubric for the Evaluation of Dispositions (PDF)