Notice: In reviewing the college budget, the council and publication of the annual COEHP Fact Book [Unit and Departmental] have been discontinued as of January 2, 2020 by the Dean. Departments can continue to pull data from the OIR&E webpage and use these data as needed in reporting. Facts and Figures Website can be accessed online.
The College of Education and Health Professions (COEHP) Assessment Council was established to manage, maintain, and formally document meaningful data. The Council is charged with providing annual, departmental books that include college, department, and program data. In addition trend analyses and retention data are documented.
The Council works closely with the following entities:
- The council members' respective accreditation chairs to make certain that the reported
data are aligned with accreditation requirements
- The Office of Institutional Research, University Information and Technology Services,
Retention Committee, and Tk20 Coordinator
- Department Chairs, Program Coordinators, and Program Faculty: To document Key and/or
Course Critical Assessments and student performance
Note: Each course critical assessment begins with a documented, detailed purpose statement; is deemed valid and reliable by the program faculty, program coordinator, and chair; provides a thread of consistency with the same course over the years regardless of who teaches the course or what venue is used; etc. Please contact your council representative or Dr. Sallie Averitt Miller for more information and guidance on course critical assessments.
Transparency of Data
The data are shared during the following meetings and activities (as appropriate):
|Faculty and Staff||Monthly|
|Program Meetings||As Needed|
|Data Day Meeting||Annually|
|Educator Preparation Program Council||Semester|
|Program Advisory Councils||Annually|
|Other Meetings||As Needed|
Data are used for local, state, regional, and national reporting; accreditation; program improvement; trend analyses; data transparency; impact on student learning; retention; and unit operation decisions.
- Dr. Sallie Averitt Miller, Chair and Associate Dean for Assessment and Accreditation
- Dr. Andrea Dawn Frazier, Department of Counseling, Foundations, and Leadership
- Dr. Kate Early, Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences
- Professor Brittany Grissette, School of Nursing
- Dr. Toni Franklin, Department of Teacher Education
- Council Secretary, Ms. Jackie Adamczyk
2019-2020 Unit Assessment Calendar (PDF)
2017-2018 Assessment Calendar (PDF)
2015-2016 Assessment Calendar (PDF)