Bursar's Office Mission Statement
The primary mission of the Bursar's office is to support the University's educational goals and financial wellness by working diligently with customers on their financial obligations in order to prevent any disruption to their educational or professional pursuits caused by balances due.
Student Financial Services
- Acceptance of payments for
- Refunds for overpayments on student accounts
- 1098-T reporting
- Administration of third-party contracts such as VA Chapter 33 and GoArmyEd
- In-house loan collections
- Returned-checks collections
Business Financial Services
- Disbursement of petty cash
- Departmental invoicing
- Processing of departmental deposits
- Hand-receipt book control
- Sales & Use tax reporting
- PCI compliance
- Processing of departmental refund requests
- Third-party agency invoicing and collections
Please note: If payment for a financial obligation hold is made with a paper or electronic check, the hold will not be removed immediately. Please allow 10 days for the payment to clear the banking process.
Get in Touch
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Bursar's Office Customer-Service Survey
Please let us know about your recent interaction with our office.