Mandatory Fees are charged to support Columbus State University's physical and technological infrastructure and to provide facilities and services that are available to all students. Mandatory fees are not "user fees" and must be charged to all students according to University System Policy. With the exception of the Institutional Fee mandated by BOR policy, these fees were approved by a fee advisory committee with students making up 50% of the committee membership.
In accordance with the University System of Georgia Board of Regents Policy 184.108.40.206, students living in on-campus housing will be charged all mandatory fees for all classes for which they are registered, regardless of whether their classes are on campus or online.
- Activity Fee
- Provides support for student-related educational, social and entertainment activities, student publications and student government. Activities include Intramural and Club sports, Welcome Week and Homecoming. Student Assistantships, Student Activity Council, Student Leadership Programs and the Student Center all receive support from the Activity fee.
- Athletic Fee
- Provides support for intercollegiate athletic programs including scholarships for student athletes, travel for athletic teams and free admission to at-home regular season (non-playoff) athletic events for enrolled students.
- Campus Access Fee
- Provides students with one Access card with which to access certain facilities/activities on campus. Supports the shuttle service between Main Campus and River Park Campus which enrolled students may ride free of charge.
- Health Fee
- Provides support for the Student Health Clinic. Enrolled students can access the services provided by the clinic such as: Health education, nurse visits, samples and first aid supplies at no charge. Lab work, available prescription meds, vaccines and medical procedures provided at discounted prices.
- International Education Support Fee
- Provides funding for the Study Abroad Grant for which any student enrolled in a study abroad program may apply. Also supports International Learning Community events such as: Keynote lectures, films, global dialogues, the Georgia International Leadership conference and the development of new study abroad opportunities.
- Student Parking Deck Fee
- Provides support for the maintenance, upkeep, and debt retirement of the University's student parking deck.
- Student Rec Center Fee
- Provides support for the daily operations and debt retirement of CSU's 103,000 sq. ft. recreation center. Enrolled students can participate in group fitness classes, weight training, climb the rock wall, ride the lazy river or take a dip in the indoor pool. Basketball, volleyball and racquetball courts, aerobic rooms, a sauna, large cardio area and an indoor track are also available.
- Technology Fee
- Provides support for the student body's technological needs including software and licenses, hardware and maintenance, computer labs with printers, upgrades to existing equipment, the Help Desk and the computer repair shop.