This website uses cookies. Learn more via our web privacy policy. For questions, please email
Undergraduate Admissions - Columbus State University

Presidential Search Information and Updates


Undergraduate Admissions

It all starts with a world-class education. When you earn an undergraduate degree at Columbus State University, you're positioning yourself for a successful career—and life.

Our degree programs are creative to the core. Each is designed to fuel new interests, spark new discoveries, and ignite a lifelong passion for learning. Working with instructors who are dedicated mentors, you'll be inspired to think critically, solve problems creatively, and bring fresh ideas into the world.

A Columbus State education is all about you. Empower your future with the knowledge and skills you need to be a change-maker in your life, in your community, and in the world.

Columbus State offers the following undergraduate degree programs:

Below you will find a description of each type of application that is included in Undergraduate Studies at CSU. Each application that is submitted requires a non-refundable application fee of $40. Once an application is submitted, it will be considered incomplete until all required items are received.

Admission decisions at Columbus State are made on a rolling basis which means that we accept and examine applications as they are sent in, instead of waiting to judge all applications at once. Each semester does have an application and supporting documentation deadline and those are listed below:

Application Deadlines

Semester Undergraduate Priority Admission Undergraduate Regular Admission Document Deadline
Summer April 15 April 30 May 15
Fall April 15 April 30 May 15
Spring September 15 November 30 December 15

Types of Undergraduate Admissions


Traditional Freshman Student - Students who have graduated high school within the last 5 years and have less than 30 transferable college credit hours or no college credit hours.

Columbus State University
c/o Office of Admissions
4225 University Avenue
Columbus, GA 31907

Recent graduates should request transcripts to be submitted electronically.

  • Official SAT and/or ACT scores
    • SAT: 480 Evidence-Based Reading/Writing and 440 Math 
    • ACT: 17 English or 17 Reading and 17 Math


Transfer Students - students who have attended another college or university.

  • Submit application along with $40 non-refundable application fee
  • Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
    • Transfer students with 30+ hours must meet minimum GPA of 2.0
    • Transfer students with 1-29 transferable hours of credit are considered to be Freshman Transfer students and must submit official SAT and/or ACT scores as well as an Official Final High School Transcript. Transfer students who have graduated 5 years or more do not have to submit official SAT or ACT scores. 
  • Your immunization record (PDF) (**immunizations waived for fully online degree programs) and a form of lawful presence must be submitted prior to the start of your first term.

Dual Enrollment

Georgia's new dual enrollment program allows high school students to earn college credit while working on their high school diploma.

For more information, please visit our Dual Enrollment site.

Adult Learners

Adult Learners or Non-traditional students - students who graduated high school more than 5 years ago and are applying with no previous college credit hours.

  • Submit application along with $40 non-refundable application fee
  • Official high school transcripts or GED
  • Your immunization record (PDF) (**immunizations waived for fully online degree programs) and a form of lawful presence must be submitted prior to the start of your first term

For more information, please visit our Adult Learner site.


Transient Students - students who are enrolled in a college or university and would like to complete courses temporarily at Columbus State University.

To be considered for admissions as a transient student, please submit the following documents for the first semester of enrollment:

  • An application along with a $40 application fee.
  • A transient permission form (PDF) signed by the Registrar or other designated official of your current institution approving enrollment for one term as a transient student.

Prior to beginning your first semester at CSU, please submit:

Additional information for transient students.

Post-Baccalaureate Student

Post-Baccalaureate Student – students who have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution may enroll under the classification of post-baccalaureate student. There are three categories to apply as an undergraduate Post-Baccalaureate student: Degree Seeking, Non-Degree seeking, and Teacher Certification.

  • An application along with a $40 application fee
  • Submit an official transcript from the institution that conferred the baccalaureate degree. Other transcripts may be requested if needed.
  • Your immunization record (PDF) (**immunizations waived for fully online degree programs) and a form of lawful presence must be submitted prior to the start of your first term.

Returning to Columbus State

Returning students refers to students who have previously attended CSU and would like to be readmitted.

  • All former students seeking to re-enroll into Columbus State must complete an application for Readmission.
  • Official transcripts from any school that you have attended since you last enrolled at Columbus State must be submitted.

Note for Out-of-State Students

If you will be living outside of Georgia while enrolled in courses, please visit our Program State Authorizations and Approvals page before applying to find out if Columbus State University is able to offer your program of interest where you will be living.

If you will be living internationally, or have any questions about state authorization or professional licensure authorization, please contact the State Authorization office at Please include in your email:

  • Your name
  • Where you will be physically present while taking classes
  • Program of interest

The State Authorization office can only address questions related to state or licensing board approvals, for all other questions please contact the appropriate department:

Visit our Out-of-State Student page for more information for students living out of state.


Open Chatbot