This website uses cookies. Learn more via our web privacy policy. For questions, please email
Frequently Asked Questions - Columbus State University

{{ rssData.title }}

{{ rssData.description }}


Frequently Asked Questions

To continue at CSU after your high school graduation, complete this application change form and send us your updated high school transcript and your ACT or SAT scores (if you entered between fall 2020 and fall 2021 and test scores weren't required).

All required course material will be provided to Dual Enrollment students through a rental program through the CSU Bookstore. Materials will need to be returned to the CSU Bookstore in good condition within the designated time frame or the student will be charged for the course materials.

Dual Enrollment funding applications will be processed after the add/drop period. Dual Enrollment students are responsible for their lab and course fees and for tuition and fees for courses not listed in the Dual Enrollment Course Directory.

Yes, at the beginning of each semester an Orientation specifically designed for Dual Enrollment students will provide the opportunity for you to get your student ID, parking decal, books, and go on a campus tour. Orientation is highly recommended for all new Dual Enrollment students.

To schedule an appointment with the Dual Enrollment advisor, log on to MyCSU and click on "Accudemia" in the left hand navigation. From there:

  1. Click on "Get Assistance" (big blue button on the right)
  2. Choose "Advising"
  3. Choose "Academic Advising"
  4. Choose "Dual Enrollment Advising" & hit next
  5. Choose location as CSU Advise & Sip Grant-Library
  6. Choose your advisor, "Emily Bagwell," and select an available appointment time.

If you need this class to meet high school graduation requirements, you will need to contact your high school counselor immediately to discuss your options for fulfilling the graduation requirement. If you do not need the course or the credits for graduation, you may wish to withdraw prior to the "last day to withdraw from a class without academic penalty," as published on Columbus State University Academic calendar.

No, your transcript will be automatically sent to your high school.

Email all of your instructors to notify them and inquire about the impact of the absence on your grade. Policies for attendance missed exams, and make-up work should be listed on every instructor's syllabus. You will not be guaranteed an excused absence - it is up to the professor.

Order an Official Transcript to be sent to another college.

If the course is a graduation requirement, you must return to your high school to complete all or a portion of the class not fulfilled through your course work at Columbus State University.

Joint Enrollment: A junior or senior (and sophomore through a very selective admissions process) in high school can enroll in courses for college credit. Joint Enrollment students must pay for their full tuition and fees. Classes taken at the university will not count at the high school for credit.

Dual Enrollment: A junior or senior in high school can enroll in courses that will count for both high school and college credit. Eligible Dual Enrollment students must complete the GAfutures Funding Application.

Ask Cody

Ask Cody