Non-Traditional Student Orientation
Welcome to the Non-Traditional Student Orientation!
A non-traditional student is deﬁned a student who has been out of high school for more than 5 years or those transferring from another institution with less than thirty hours. Please read and thoroughly follow the steps below to register.
All students are required to complete a Non-Traditional Orientation session prior to enrolling in classes.
Once you have completed all required ROAR Orientation components and have attended your scheduled session, your academic advisor will then advise you on which classes to take during your ﬁrst semester.
Summer and Fall Orientation opens: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Starting Classes Summer or Fall 2023
How to Register for Non-Traditional ROAR Virtual Orientation
Please note: In order to be registered for a virtual orientation session, you have to complete the payment of $25.00 at the end of the registration process.
- Step 1
- On MyCSU, under Student Records, click on 'Advising Survey' to complete the advising survey. Once the advising survey has been completed, your advisor will reach out to you to confirm your schedule for the Summer or Fall 2023 semester.
- Step 2
Log into your MyCSU and click 'Orientation' under Student Records or click on the ROAR Orientation Notifications. Complete the registration process and payment. Please choose a virtual zoom session to attend while registering.
- Wednesday May 6 at 12 p.m. & 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 31 at 5 p.m.
- Friday, June 16 at 5 p.m.
- Monday, July 10 at 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 18 at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 2 at 5 p.m.
- Step 3
- Click on CougarVIEW (located in MyCSU) and find the ‘ROAR Orientation 2023’ Course. Select the course to access the modules. You will have access to the course after Monday, April 3, 2023. *Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for the course to appear on CougarVIEW. If you do not see it after 48 hours please contact us.
- Step 4
- Click on content. Complete all five modules. The 'ROAR Orientation 2023' modules will take no more than 1 hour to complete.
- Step 5
- Attend your Zoom meeting in order to register for class, your hold will be released after you attend your Zoom session.
Note: There are no refunds for the ROAR Orientation Program after registration and payment have been submitted.
If you need assistance, please contact us at 706-507-8593 or email us at email@example.com