This website uses cookies. Learn more via our web privacy policy. For questions, please email
Program State Authorizations and Approvals - Columbus State University

{{ rssData.title }}

{{ rssData.description }}


Program State Authorizations and Approvals

To offer online programs or courses to students who are physically present outside of Georgia, or to enroll students in field experiences that will take place outside of Georgia (such as internships, clinicals, practicums, student teaching), Columbus State University must first meet state and federal regulatory requirements for that activity. This page provides information on where CSU can offer programs, courses, or field experiences outside of Georgia, and whether our professional licensure programs meet state educational requirements for licensure or certification.

Changing physical location can limit your ability to take online courses or participate in field experiences. If you are expecting a change in your physical location, contact the State Authorization office as soon as you know the anticipated location(s). Early notification can help avoid, or minimize, interruptions to your program, your federal financial aid, or military tuition assistance eligibility. Students are responsible for providing accurate and updated information about their physical presence. It is the student's physical location that is important, not where they hold residency or property.

If you will be living outside of the United States, or have any questions about the information on this page, please contact the State Authorization office at

Program of Interest Information:

As a National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) approved institution, Columbus State University is authorized to offer our online programs to students living in SARA states or territories. California is not a SARA state, but CSU is currently exempt from authorization by the state approving agency.

General Program Authorization

Columbus State University is able to offer the following online degree programs in all 50 U.S. states, plus the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. CSU cannot allow students in any of these programs to participate in field placements in Colorado. Field placements include internships, clinicals, and practicums. None of these programs are designed to meet state licensure or certification requirements.


  • Business (BBA) - General Business and International Business Track
  • Communication (BA)- Communication Studies Track
  • Information Technology (BSIT)
  • Liberal Arts (BA) - Humanities & Social Science and Military & Global Issues Tracks
  • Sociology (BS)- General Sociology Track


  • Applied Computer Science (MS) - Cybersecurity, Software Development, AI & Machine Learning, and Traditional Tracks
  • Business Administration (MBA)
  • Cybersecurity Management (MS)
  • Curriculum and Leadership (EdD) - Higher Education Track
  • Educational Leadership (MEd) - Leadership in Higher Education Track
  • Public Administration (MPA) - Government Administration and Justice Administration Tracks

Graduate Certificate

  • AI and Machine Learning
  • Cybersecurity
  • Cybersecurity Management

Professional Licensure Program Authorization

Programs in licensed professions such as Nursing, Teacher Education, Educational Leadership, Accounting, and Counseling must comply with the regulatory requirements of both the state approving agency and the state professional licensing board before CSU can offer the program to a student in that state.

CSU offers several online and on campus programs in professionally licensed fields. Visit the following pages for detailed information on our ability to offer these programs outside of Georgia, and whether they meet state educational licensure or certification requirements. If you have any questions, contact the State Authorization office at


Counseling & Social Services


Teacher Education & Educational Leadership

Visit our Out-of-State Student page for more resources for out-of-state students. Contact the State Authorization office for any questions at

Ask Cody

Ask Cody