GoVIEW is the University System of Georgia collaborative online course system, and is a complement to CougarVIEW, the online course system at Columbus State University. Since GoVIEW is operated as a collaborative, students may be enrolled in course sections along with students from other institutions in the University System of Georgia. Some online courses are hosted on GoVIEW and others are hosted on CougarVIEW, depending on the online degree major.
Important Message About GoView Passwords
Upon a recent review of the “ITS Handbook, Version 2.1, Updated: May 2016” we found it is necessary to implement a number of user password changes for GoView. These password changes are necessary to maintain compliance with the ITS password security recommendations.
Beginning September 1, 2016:
- Passwords expire every 180 days.
- Passwords must be at least 10 characters long.
- The previous 4 passwords cannot be reused.
- Password cannot contain username, first name, middle name, last name, or org defined id.
- Password must contain characters from at least 2 of the following categories:
- Lowercase letters from European languages.
- Uppercase letters from European languages.
- Base 10 digits.
- Non-alphanumeric characters, such as: !, @, #, $, etc.
Once the configuration change is made on September 1st, users will be prompted to change their password 180 days from their last password change. User will receive a password reset reminder to their email of record 10 days in advance of the password change date.
Login to GoVIEW
- Your GoVIEW username is the first part of your CSU e-mail address (before @columbusstate.edu), followed by _csu. Example: John Doe's email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org so his GoVIEW username is: doe_john5_csu
- Your password will be the same as your CougarVIEW password at the time your account was created. If your password does not work, use the 'Forgot Password' option to have a password reset e-mail sent to your institution e-mail address, then once you've reset your password, you can login to GoVIEW. Note: Resetting your password through CougarView will NOT change your GoVIEW password.
- Once you log into your course, there is a drop-down menu on the blue menu bar at the top for Support. You can locate help resources including how to check your browser and contacts for technical support.
- Please remember you will not have access to your courses until the first day of class. You will find this start date and other important dates on the GoVIEW Academic Calendar