Green to Gold Programs
The Army Green to Gold program provides options for soldiers interested in pursuing a baccalaureate or graduate degree and earning a commission as an Army Officer.
Active Duty Option
Soldiers remain on Active Duty and attend college using education benefit.
Scholarship Option (2, 3, and 4 year)
Soldiers leave Active Duty to attend college with full tuition or room and board (capped), flat rate book payment, and a monthly stipend.
Hip Pocket Scholarship (2, 3, 4 year)
Soldiers are selected by their Division Commander to complete their degree.
Soldiers leave Active Duty to attend college while receiving a monthly stipend.
Program Information Booklets
- U.S. Army ROTC Green to Gold 2/3/4 Year Scholarship and Hip Pocket Program - 1 June 2023 (PDF)
- U.S. Army ROTC Green to Gold Active Duty Option Program Program - 1 June 2023 (PDF)
- Application Window Opens: 12 June 23
- Application Window Closes: 24 November 23
- G2G Selection Board: 4-8 December 2023 (Selected Soldiers will move to Phase II)
Phase II (If selected from Phase I):
- Begins: January 2024 until 30 April 2024
- If waivers are needed, they will be submitted during Phase II, if selected.
- 104-R forms will be created
- PMS Letter will be generated.
- Offer Letters Sent to Fully Qualified Soldiers: March – April 2024
- Soldiers Receive Orders: End of June 2024
- Begin G2G Program: August 2024
G2G Active Duty Option (ADO) Resources
This is a 21-month Program (August 2024 – May 2026).
Soldiers must graduate and commission in May 2026 with a BS/BA or Master’s Degree (104-R Academic Planner is KEY).
- CSU Green to Gold Enrollment Process
- This document outlines steps for applicant to complete with Columbus State University for admission and generating forms for their G2G application.
- Green to Gold Active Duty Option Information Booklet - as of June 1, 2022
- This document outlines the necessary steps for the G2G ADO applicant to complete their application.
- G2G Academic Summary (PDF)
- CSU Degree Planning Aid
- This document demonstrates how the G2G ADO applicant can find the list of required courses for their desired degree. This information will be needed to complete their Academic Summary and 104-R forms.
Required Documents for Phase I:
- Soldier Talent Profile without photo and redacted gender and race information
- College Transcripts
- Application (174-R)
- Academic Summary
- ACFT Card signed by Company Commander
- Please Note: If you get an error trying to open a PDF, follow these directions:
- Right click and choose "Save Link as" to save a copy on your desktop
- Right click on the saved document (whether on desktop, in downloads, etc.) and choose "Open with Adobe"
- Blank 104-R (PDF)
- 104-R Form Classes (PDF)
- 104-R Green to Gold template (PDF)
- PMS Letter of Acceptance generated
- Any waivers that are required will not be initiated unless selected to Phase II.
- 30–32 Age Waiver (PDF)
- 33–39 Age Waiver (PDF)
- Active Federal Service (AFS) Waiver (PDF)
- Dependency Waiver - Dual Military (PDF)
- Dependency Waiver - Over 3 dependents (PDF)
- Dependency Waiver - Divorced without custody of children (PDF)
- Dependency Waiver - Single Parent with sole custody of children (PDF)
- Medically qualified