Employee Assistance Program
What is an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?
An EAP is professional help when you need it in your work or personal life. It's trained knowledgeable resources to provide advice for the many life issues we all face. As a CSU employee, you and your family have the benefit of a customized assistance program which offers professional counseling and consultation through Acentra Health.
Who is our EAP Provider?
Your USG EAP, provided by Acentra Health, offers a wide variety of resources designed to improve wellness, enhance organization performance and improve financial outcomes. EAP services help employees and family members resolve a wide range of issues to restore both personal and professional effectiveness. EAP services are confidential and free.
Acentra Health's counseling services include:
- Phone support for crises and emergencies, provided by counselors who hold masters and doctoral degrees.
- Phone support to arrange for in-person counseling.
- Up to four in-person counseling sessions (per incident per year) for a range of personal issues, including depression, work-family balance, and substance abuse concerns.
- Services accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Counseling will always be:
- Free to employees, covered dependents, and anyone regularly living in the household.
- Timely and convenient. Appointments with a licensed counselor are available within three to five days near where employees work or live. Appointments can be scheduled sooner if an urgent situation arises.
- Available to full and part-time employees that work for USG and their dependents. Anyone that is regularly living in the same household as the eligible employee is also able to participate in the program.
Also, the scope of EAP services will include an array of work-life services, available at no cost, including:
- Family Caregiving: Resources and referrals for dependent care-related services, in addition to emergency back-up childcare and eldercare.
- Convenience Services: Assistance in locating household and daily living resources, including pet care services, home repairs, travel planning, and event scheduling.
- Legal and Financial Services: Up to 30 minutes of financial consultation with a Certified Financial Planner or a Certified Public Accountant, per issue. Up to 30 minutes consultation with an attorney and a 25 percent discount if you decide to retain an attorney, per issue. These professionals will discuss concerns and provide suggestions on many issues, including:
- Civil/Criminal Disputes
- Credit Issues
- Retirement and Estate Planning
- Tenant's Rights
Visit Acentra Health for a wealth of on-demand resources, including articles, self-assessments, resources, and training on a wide range of topics, such as addiction, grief, anxiety, and parenting.
How do I contact Acentra Health?