TESOL and ESOL Information
TESOL Certificate (18 credits)
The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate is designed to prepare students to teach English as a second or foreign language, either in the United States or abroad. The Certificate requires the following six courses:
- ENGL 5147 U/G: Language Acquisition
- ENGL 5148 U/G: Sociolinguistics
- ENGL 5165 U/G: Introduction to Linguistics
- ENGL 5168 U/G: TESOL Methods
- ENGL 5167 U/G: English Grammar
- ENGL 5169 U/G: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Practicum
- Current CSU students should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the specific program they are interested in and what courses they are hoping to enroll in. Students are invited to consult the course catalog first.
- Students who have not attended CSU will fill out an application form, pay a $50 application fee, and provide transcripts.
- CSU alumni should also fill out an application form, but they are not required to pay an application fee.