- Second Language Acquisition
- Second language pragmatics
- Cognitive linguistics
- ESL and foreign language teacher development
- International education and cultural sensitivity
- Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics at Georgetown University, Washington, DC (2004)
- MA in Bicultural-Bilingual Studies at the University of Texas at San Antonio, TX (1997)
Dr. Jeon has been teaching linguistics at Columbus State University since 2004 and enjoys opening students' eyes to the fact that language can be studied scientifically. Dr. Jeon also developed TESOL certificate program in 2006 at CSU and coordinates TESOL internship program in South Korea. Dr. Jeon's research focuses primarily on how conversational interaction leads to second language development and second language pragmatics, and the effects of study abroad programs on students' development of cultural sensitivity.