Pre-College Summer Arts Academy
The Pre-college Summer Arts Academy is a one-week program of college-level art classes for high school students on CSU’s vibrant RiverPark campus. Hosted by CSU‘s Department of Arts and taught by outstanding creative professionals, our Summer Arts Academy offers young artists a hands-on college experience in a supportive, motivating atmosphere. Working closely with faculty mentors, students will be encouraged to challenge themselves as they investigate and experiment with a variety of materials, techniques, and concepts to produce their most creative work to date.
Dates: June 2–8, 2023
Registration Deadline: May 25, 2023
- Professor Travis Dodd
- Professor Orion Wertz
- Graphic Design:
- Professor Samantha Yoo
- Professor Sally Bradley
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Studio Elective I
- 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Studio Elective II
- 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Open Studio Hours
Afternoon and Evening Programs:
Field trips, workshops, collaborations, discussions, guest-artist presentations, critiques and activities led by counselors
$460 day participant
- 2 Studio Elective Courses
- Daily Special Activities
- Guest Artist Events
- Field Trip to Local and Atlanta Museums
- Pre-College Exhibition at the end of the program
Program Registration Deadline: April 15, 2023
- Must have 3.0 GPA and up,
- Must graduate High School 2023, 2024, or 2025
- Upload 5 current artworks,
- One teacher recommendation,
- Completed the online application,
- Statement of intent.
Scholarship Deadline: April 15, 2023
- Residential participants stay in the CSU RiverPark dorms and eat all meals at the Rankin Dining Hall.
- Residential will have night activities, collaboration, and night studio access.
- Residential will have several Resident Assistants in their floors who are also their Pre-College Counselors.
Register as a residential student
- They may attend Monday–Friday from 9 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Lunch is provided at the Rankin Dining Hall.
- For an additional cost, they may choose to stay for dinner and evening activities.
CSU RiverPark Dorms- Residential campers will be housed in loft-style apartments, just steps away from the RiverPark Campus. The RiverPark Campus is located in the middle of Columbus’ exciting downtown district, within walking distance of the Chattahoochee River.
The Den - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner provided for residential campers (from Dinner on Sunday 6/05 through breakfast on Saturday 7/17) - Lunch for day campers Monday-Friday is provided.