Friends of Art
Friends of Art (FOA) provides supplemental financial support to the Department of Art, and participates in building the CSU art program to one of preeminence in the Southeast. Funding made possible through the Friends of Art provides a margin of excellence not possible through state appropriations. Numerous projects and initiatives include recruiting and merit scholarships for art majors, exhibits of nationally and internationally recognized artists, relevant lectures by top scholars, supplemental funding for faculty development, program development, and scholarships for art students to study abroad.
The Geri Davis Art Scholarship
The CSU Department of Art Friends of Art have established a new scholarship in honor of the late Geri Davis, who has been a cherished and long-time member of the Friends of Art. Her friends and family have organized this scholarship to support creative and talented students in the Department of Art.
If you wish to donate to this scholarship in honor of Geri please follow this link.
Friends of Art Mission
To stimulate, support, and foster the continued growth of the CSU Department of Art by:
- Enhancing community awareness and support of the CSU Department of Art
- Promoting artistic and academic excellence by funding scholarships for talented students
- Providing support for Visiting Artists and Scholars
- Providing supplemental funding for distinguished faculty, equipment and special projects
- Supporting relevant and engaging Membership Privileges
As a Friends of Art Member, you will:
- Receive invitations throughout the year to exciting events and programs
- Enrich your understanding and appreciation of art through special events and programs
- Have opportunities to meet local, national, and international artists and scholars
- Have opportunities to meet others who share your interest in the visual arts
- Enjoy the knowledge that your annual contributions provide significant educational opportunities for talented art majors and help build an art program of national distinction
To become a member today, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-507-7312.
Your contributions are incredibly helpful in allowing us to reach our goals and are greatly appreciated.
With your support, we are able to develop and sustain our programs by promoting artistic and academic excellence by funding scholarships, by providing valuable resources such as a wide range of national and international visiting artists and scholars, public lectures, workshops, exhibitions, performances, outreach opportunities for the students, faculty development, and departmental support.
**Designate your gift to the Department of Art!