CougarVIEW Starter Guide
Need some help navigating the new version of CougarVIEW?
CougarVIEW has recently been updated. It is the new learning management system. Most functions remain, but your homepage and others will look different and tools may be in different locations.
For a quick guide on CougarVIEW's functions and their descriptions, follow this link and check out the key terminology.
Follow this link for a quick start guide of the CougarVIEW environment for students, including an overview, screenshots of the new home page layout, help with navigation, and tips on accessing course content,
Please note that the links for accessing CougarVIEW will remain the same, as will your login credentials. You will continue to use your OneCSU username and password.
Please click on any of the links below to take you to other subject areas in CougarVIEW.
Accessibility - System Help for Students With Disabilities
Web accessibility refers to how easily people with disabilities can navigate and interact with websites. Disabilities may be physical (such as blindness, low vision, deafness, or fine motor skills difficulty), or cognitive (such as dyslexia or attention deficit disorder). People with disabilities often use assistive technologies to help them navigate the web. An assistive technology is any device that helps a person with a disability. Common web assistive technologies include modified mice and keyboards, screen readers and screen magnifiers.
Web accessibility occurs when websites support web accessibility standards, are compatible with assistive technologies, and are easy for people to navigate and understand.
CougarView follows web accessibility standards closely and works with clients to test the usability of their products for people with disabilities. They believe that instructional practices should focus on helping people learn, and should not be limited by the learning management system the material is delivered in.
Accessibility Help Topics
- Screen Reader Tips (PDF)
- Screen Reader Accessibility Features (PDF)
- Keyboard Only Navigation Tips (PDF)
- Keyboard Only Navigation Accessibility Features (PDF)
- Screen Magnifiers, Zooming and Color Contrast Tips (PDF)
- Screen Magnifiers, Zooming and Color Contrast Accessibility Features (PDF)
If you are having difficulty using CougarView to complete your course work, consider seeking help from your instructor or the Center for Accommodation and Access. This office exists to help users learn new technology, seek special accommodations, and organize tutoring and other support.
Columbus State University is committed to providing accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in a timely and effective manner. To request a reasonable accommodation, students must be registered with the Center for Accommodation and Access.
Accommodations will be made based on eligibility determined by the Center for Accommodation and Access. Services can be requested at any time during the semester. Requesting services well in advance will help to ensure that resources are available when needed. Please contact the Center for Accommodation and Access at 706-507-8755 or email@example.com
Communication - Calendar, News and Updates, Email, the Classlist, BB Collaborate Online Rooms, BB Collaborate Orientations
Blackboard Collaborate Instructions
COOL Collaborate Ultra Guides
Guides from Blackboard Collaborate
Quizzes - Navigating and Taking Quizzes, Viewing Results
- About Quizzes (PDF)
- Navigating Quizzes (PDF)
- Taking Quizzes (PDF)
- Viewing Quiz Results (PDF)
- Respondus LockDown Browser (PDF)
Important: While most course content is viewable via mobile devices (e.g., tablets, smartphones), quizzes (which your instructor may call a "quiz," "mid-term," "final," "exam," or other term) will not work on mobile devices.
Tools Added to CougarVIEW
- Pulse Mobile App - a new mobile app from Brightspace connecting students to online courses in CougarVIEW
If you experience any Technical Difficulties, please visit this resource:
- Troubleshooting - your first stop when you have a technological problem.
Entire Student Guide
- Follow this link for entire CougarVIEW Student Guides
Other Useful Resources
This guide is not intended to be an exhaustive set of tutorials. However, there are several excellent online resources for students with more questions. Among those are:
- GeorgiaVIEW (D2L) Help Center - also called the D2L Help Center (DHC), is a searchable database of resources.
- DePaul University Tutorials - contains a robust collection of videos demonstrating D2L functions.
- CSU Libraries for Distance Learners - includes excellent links to library resources and student support.
- CSU Student Services - includes links to Center for Accommodation and Access, tutoring, the book store and more.
- CSU Computer Help Desk may be contacted at 706-507-8199 or at firstname.lastname@example.org