Student Travel Procedures
Planning your trip
In order to facilitate the planning of domestic student travel and to provide added security for the student participants and the sponsors of the travel, we have created this site to guide the sponsors through the process of planning their trip. The site provides links to all necessary documents and instructions on whether the documents must be completed for each trip. A feature of the process is a repository for travel documents to assure that relevant University officials have access to important documents at all times in cases of emergency.
As a starting point for planning a trip, the sponsors should access the Student Travel Form Process and Routing document (PDF). This document provides, in graphic and text formats, guidance on which forms must be completed for each trip and how they should be routed.
Forms referenced in that document that may need to be completed are:
- Student Travel Application Form (Word)
- Student Field Trip & Travel Approval Form (PDF)
- Release & Waiver of Liability Form
- May be completed once for each student in an academic year to cover multiple trips.
- May be signed and submitted electronically if opened in Acrobat. No need to print and scan.
- CSU Student Travel Advance/Pre-pay Authorization Form (PDF)
- Record of Student Per Diem Disbursement (Excel)
- Student Travel Attendance Roster (Excel) (optional; at the discretion of the sponsor)
Not all of these forms will necessarily be filled out for each trip. Refer to the process and routing document.