This website uses cookies. Learn more via our web privacy policy. For questions, please email
General Student Complaints - Columbus State University

Academic Affairs

General Student Complaints

Columbus State University (CSU) seeks to provide the highest possible customer service to our students. The University takes student complaints and concerns very seriously and is committed to responding to these issues in a timely manner. The university has a process through which students can submit a variety of appeals and grievances. These include academic appeals, non-academic appeals (residence life, financial aid, non-academic misconduct) and general student complaints.

General student complaints and concerns relate to topics that do not necessitate an appeal, but provide a means of communicating a need or concern to faculty, staff, and/or administrators. A general student complaint should be reported as soon as the student is confronted with the issue. (An example of a general complaint might be “Campus computer lab hours are limited making them difficult for working students to access.") The policies regarding student complaints apply to all students at all instructional sites of Columbus State University (main campus and external -instructional sites) and in all courses regardless of the mode of delivery (face-to-face, online, or hybrid).

The complaint form is available below and is monitored by a staff member in the Division of Academic Affairs during regular business hours (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Eastern; Monday-Friday). Messages received after the close of business or on weekends/holidays will be addressed on the next official business day.

The staff member receiving the complaint will acknowledge its receipt and will also refer the message to the appropriate campus representative to address the issue. The campus representative will respond to the student with an explanation or a course of action for resolution within 5 business days of receipt of the complaint. The response or resolution should be sent to the student via his/her official CSU e-mail account with a copy to the staff member facilitating the request in Academic Affairs.

Ask Cody

Ask Cody