International Studies Certificate
Enhance your degree. Expand your education. Expand your world!
Participation in the International Studies Certificate was one of the best decisions of my college career. It taught me how important and advantageous it is to have a global mindset in the modern world.
The International Studies Certificate is a supplemental certificate for students already pursuing a bachelor's degree at CSU. It affords students opportunity to expand their international skills and knowledge by integrating coursework throughout the curriculum—from general education courses to the research capstone within the student's major. Students who pursue the International Studies Certificate will leave CSU better prepared for a globalized world.
Why Choose CSU's International Studies Certificate Program?
- Integrate international studies within your major.
- Maximize your study abroad experience.
- Develop valuable cross-cultural knowledge.
- Prepare yourself for a globalized world.
Check out Cash In Trash Out: How Geocaching is Cleaning Up Columbus, an ISC Capstone project created by Kaitlynn Howard, class of 2016.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does studying abroad apply to the International Studies Certificate?
- Through study-abroad course work, earn up to 6 hours of credit toward the International Studies Certificate. Students enrolled in the International Studies Certificate program are required to complete a study abroad program or some other appropriate experiential learning activity. CSU offers a wide range of engaging study abroad courses and programs, many of which also fulfill general education requirements. Generous study abroad grants and scholarships are available to all students. The International Studies Certificate is an excellent opportunity for students to integrate study abroad more fully into their education.
- What are the requirements for the International Studies Certificate?
- Please see the Academic Catalog for course descriptions and program requirements.