J-1 Exchange Program - Required Information
Prior to Your Arrival
Obtain Your Visa
- Email your completed Exchange Student Application form and attachments to us
- Pay the SEVIS fee online (see instructions below).
- Make an appointment at the nearest U.S. consulate or Embassy to apply for your visa.
- Take the following documents with you to your appointment:
- Your original DS-2019 form
- Your SEVIS receipt
- Your passport
- The welcome letter from our institution which will be mailed to you
- Any financial support information (personal bank statements, grant information from
your home institution, etc.)
- To pay the I-901 visa fee, go to FMJ Fee.
After Your Arrival
Read about traveling as an exchange student during and after your stay in the U.S.