Scheduling an Appointment
You can make your own appointments if it is at least one day in advance using the Accudemia system. The following video and guide walk you through the steps of making and managing appointments using Accudemia:
How to Make a Tutoring Appointment
Please use the instructions below to schedule a tutoring appointment in Accudemia, our scheduling system.
- Log into your MyCSU account.
- On the left navigation, click on Accudemia.
- On the Accudemia Home page, click the ‘+Schedule Appointment’ button in the ‘Upcoming Appointments’ section.
- Select the Academic Center for Tutoring.
- Select the service. If you would like an in person appointment in Simon Schwob Memorial library, select Face-to-Face Tutoring. If you would like to meet with a tutor online using MS Teams or Zoom, select Live Online Tutoring. If you have a document you need reviewed, select Asynchronous Online Writing.
- Select the course or service you need tutoring in.
- Choose a date, time, and tutor.
- In the Notes box, enter what you need to work on. If you are selecting an Asynchronous Online Writing Appointment, you can enter the link to your paper.
- Make sure you click on the green Confirm button!
More information can be found in our: Accudemia Guide for Students
The ACT has two types of online appointments for specific types of tutoring subjects. Please read the following sections for more information and instructions.
Making and Participating in an ACT Asynchronous Online Writing Tutoring Appointment
Online writing tutoring is for assistance with writing assignments in any course and at any level. We recommend a 30-minute appointment for up to 4 double-spaced pages and a 1-hour appointment for up to 8 double-spaced pages. You can make multiple appointments for longer papers. Students must use MS Word 365 to participate in an online writing tutoring appointment. Make sure you share your document link with your tutor with editing permissions. Prior to making a live online appointment, please read the following document: Writing Appointment Instructions
Making and Participating in an ACT Live Online Tutoring Appointment for all Subjects and Topics Supported by the ACT
Live online tutoring appointments are available for all subjects and topics we tutor. You will join by logging into Accudemia and clicking on the Join button for your appointment. Please make sure you have your learning materials available to share with the tutor.
Please visit our Policies page for details about this topic. If you know you are going to miss your appointment, you can call, email or use Accudemia to cancel to avoid being blocked from making future appointments. If you miss your appointment due to an emergency, please let us know as soon as possible.
Preparing for the Appointment
Login prior to your appointment start time and be prepared with any relevant instructions, textbooks, class notes, handouts, and so forth. The CSU library has laptops available for checkout for online appointments.
Proof of Attendance
You can view your attendance in Accudemia by clicking ‘View All’ under the ‘Upcoming Appointments’ section on the home page. Make sure you change the dates to include the appointment date you need proof of attendance for.