U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy
Columbus State University recognizes the value of the education provided by the United States Army Sergeants Major Academy. As graduate education is critical to the professional and personal development of the Army’s senior non-commissioned officers, Columbus State now offers nine transfer credit hours into the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, Leader Development track for those who successfully complete the resident USASMA at Fort Bliss. This program enables non-commissioned officers to leverage their attendance at Professional Military Education into completing their master’s degree. The MSOL program is offered fully online, or in residence on Columbus State University’s Columbus, Georgia campus. The Program has no resident full-time schooling requirement which allows students at USASMA to begin the degree in parallel with the course at Bliss and to complete the degree online at the Sergeants Major’s follow-on duty location.
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) is a 30-credit hour program, awarding 9 hours of credit for USASMA graduates. USASMA graduates will complete 21 hours (7 classes) with Columbus State University.
- The program can be offered in a variety of ways, online, in person, and hybrid with 9 credit hours transferred from competition of the Sergeant Major Academy. Courses can be taken while at Ft. Bliss and then continued while at the next duty station. Example: Enroll in two classes for Fall Semester (August), two classes for Spring Semester and three classes following USASMA graduation.
- Apply to CSU (PDF) - Indicate on your application your major and track. For example, list "USASMA – Master of Science in Organizational Leadership Leader Development Track". Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit Official Transcripts and supporting documents - Official Transcripts can be emailed to email@example.com
- Complete the Military Fee Waiver (PDF)
- Application Fee - Waived
- Immunization - Waived
- Register for Classes - Following acceptance, you will be connected with an Academic Advisor to assist you with registering for classes.
- Utilizing Tuition Assistance - If you are using Tuition Assistance for course(s), you will not be charged over the amount Tuition Assistance will cover per fiscal year ($250 per credit hour up to 16 hours). Fees will be waived for all Active Duty less parking. Be sure to connect with the ESO at your Post's Education Center for approval and directions on creating your profile in ArmyIgnited. You will need to add your classes in ArmyIgnited 8-60 days prior to the start of the class.
Contact your Education Center for specific information regarding Tuition Assistance eligibility and enrollment process.
Connect with us
The Military-Connected Student Services Office is dedicated to making your journey
to earning your master’s degree as smooth as possible. Please submit all documents
and any questions to