The CSU Counseling Center is happy to announce a new program called CougarsCare, which will provide supplementary resources for mental health wellness. In addition to the counseling services offered by the CSU Counseling Center, you will have access to:
- A 24/7/365 mental health support line for in-the-moment support, regardless of the time of day or your physical location. Just call the Counseling Center main line at 706-507-8740 to have access to this service - if we are not available to answer your call, wait for the prompt to connect with a therapist.
- Personal Student Navigators to assist with referral coordination and support, including:
- Up to five sessions per issue of telehealth or in-person treatment sessions provided by a diverse network of licensed mental health clinicians in the community at no additional cost to students.
- Virtual Psychiatric Clinics to offer assessment and medication management.
- An online cognitive behavioral training and education tool designed exclusively for students called iCare. It features 8 sessions of self-guided training developed specifically for college students, to be completed on your own schedule
- You may access these services by calling the CougarsCare Navigators at 866-639-3938 or reaching out to the Counseling Center staff.
- The Wellness Hub which includes an online wellness magazine with educational content, self-help tools, and resource links.
- CampusWell - An app that’ll give you insider, evidence-based tips on living your best student life. Curious about what science says on how to turn small habits into big change? That’s what we’re here for.
- Headspace - Learn to manage feelings and thoughts with the skill of everyday mindfulness. Through meditation, you can actually rewire your brain to enhance focus and minimize emotions like fear and stress.
- SilverCloud - Whether you need help with your emotions, figuring out how to address negative thoughts, or just want to learn ways to feel better, assistance is just a click away with this self-guided program.
- TogetherAll - A safe, online community to share feelings anonymously and get support to improve mental health. Safely monitored by licensed and registered mental health practitioners.