- Columbus State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033, telephone (404) 679-4500 to award associate, baccalaureate, master's, and educational specialist degrees.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing is approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing and accredited by the National League for Nursing.
- The teacher education program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The Georgia Professional Standards Commission accepts Columbus State University credits for teacher certification.
- The MEd in school counseling and the MS in community counseling degree programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- The Department of Art is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- The Department of Theatre is an accredited associate member of the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST).
The Schwob School of Music is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
- The Georgia State Department of Veterans Service has approved Columbus State University for the training of veterans and eligible dependents.