Dr. Scott Wilkerson
- writing for the stage
- hybrid forms
- experimental writing
- critical theory
- Ph.D. English/Creative Writing, Poetry, Georgia State University
- MFA, Creative Writing Queens University of Charlotte
- MA, English Auburn University, Montgomery
- BA, English Auburn University
BiographyDr. Scott Wilkerson holds a Ph.D. in Creative Writing from Georgia State University. He has taught at Columbus State University since 2009. He has published two books of poetry, five plays, edited an anthology of Georgia poetry, and has written the libretti for three operas, two of which have been produced. His works for the stage have been produced in New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, and Frankfurt, Germany. He has won the Columbus State University Creative Endeavors Prize, received two writing fellowships from the Lillian E. Smith Center for the Arts, has been nominated for a Pushcart Prize, and is on the summer-residency writing faculty in Reinhardt University’s MFA program in creative writing.
- Dramatists Guild of America
- Sigma Tau Delta
- Chattahoochee Valley Writers’ Conference
- Faculty Advisor for Arden, Columbus State University’s literary journal
- Faculty Advisor/Second Reader for Cailee Davis’s Honors Thesis, Laurent
- Binet’s HHhH: Historiographic Metafiction in Contemporary French Literature about World War II
- Faculty Advisor for the Columbus State University Anti-Bullying Society, Kanisha Hicks, Pres.
- Faculty Mentor for dual-enrolled Columbus High School-CSU student Hayley Maine as she writes her senior project, Reincarnate, a fantasy/young-adult novel.