Kimberly Shaw, Ph.D.
Education and Certifications
- B.S., Physics, Vanderbilt University, 1991
- B.S., Mathematics, Vanderbilt University, 1991
- M.S., Physics, Florida State University, 1993
- Ph.D., Physics, Florida State University, 1997
- 2020 USG Regents Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Award.
- 2015 Council for the Advancement and Support of Education Georgia Professor of the Year.
- 2015 Rod Nave award, Southeastern Association for Science Teacher Education, given to a person who represents a significant connection between the sciences and the science education community.
- Project Kaleidoscope STEM Leadership Institute Member, Pendle Hill, PA, July 2014.
- Illinois Section of the American Association of Physics Teachers, Distinguished Service Citation, Awarded October 2006.
- Chair, Department of Physics, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, 2003-2007
Physics Education Research - how students effectively learn physics
- Assessment of student learning in introductory physics courses.
- Factors impacting student success in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) classrooms gender and other equity issues
- Understanding student resistance to high impact teaching and learning practices.