As always, we appreciate your feedback. If you have participated in any of our virtual programming, please take the time to complete this short survey so we can better serve you.
Rock Climbing Wall and Bouldering Cave
Hours of Operation (Fall 2023)
|Monday||4 p.m. – 8 p.m.|
|Tuesday||4 p.m. – 8 p.m.|
|Wednesday||4 p.m. – 8 p.m.|
|Thursday||4 p.m. – 8 p.m.|
|Friday||2 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
About the Rock Climbing Wall
37 feet high
6 distinct climbing zones with manual belay systems and one auto-belay system
Unique features similar to what is found in nature
Shoes, chalk, harnesses, helmets, and other climbing equipment are available upon request
Features over 25 different bouldering problems
Can range in difficulty from a V0 to a V6+
Programs and Events
Want to learn more about climbing? Check out the following websites:
Designed as a resource for finding and submitting information on routes all around the country, Supertopo features beta (that's climbing lingo for information about a climb) and down-loadable “topos” (maps of climbing areas and route diagrams) for many of the country's popular climbing destinations.
Encompassing data for both face climbing and mountaineering, Mountain Project is a wealth of user submitted knowledge and information on climbing areas around the country and around the world.
Need to know whether to pack a poncho for an upcoming trip to the crag? Check Climbing Weather for a forecast on all major climbing destinations.
All members must register their vehicle in order to park on the Columbus State University campus.
Visitors can register their vehicle at the Parking Services Office (third floor of the Cunningham Conference Center) during regular business hours: Monday through Friday, 8 am-5 pm. License plate and vehicle information will be required to register. After business hours, visitors may register via e-mail at email@example.com. Please include the make, model, and vehicle color along with license plate information (tag number and state) in the e-mail.
All members will renew their parking registration at the beginning of each Fall semester in August.
Parking uses a system that scans license plates and will not issue you a decal. Members can park any in of the white spaces but avoid the green spaces. For additional questions, please contact Parking Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 507-8203.
CSU welcomes guests to visit the Student Recreation Center under the following circumstances:
- All guests must be at least 18 years old. An exception if a Rec Center member is purchasing a dependent guest pass option for their child the age limit restriction is 16 and older.
- All guests must have a valid photo ID card.
- Each invited guest must fill out a liability and information form and show photo ID at the front desk before being allowed access to the facility.
- CSU students, faculty, staff, alumni, non-CSU members, retirees and partners may sign in up to two guests per day.
- CSU students, faculty, staff, alumni, non-CSU members, retirees and partners are responsible for their invited guests.
- The Daily Guest Fee is $8.00. Credit cards, Apple Pay etc. and checks are accepted, but Cougar Cash cannot be accepted for payment.
- Once an invited guest exits the Student Recreation Center, they cannot re-enter the building during that same day.
- If an invited guest breaks CSU Student Recreation Center rules or disrespects professional staff or students, they will not be allowed to return to the Student Recreation Center.
For additional information about the Rock Climbing Wall, please contact: