- Graduation is the process of being awarded a degree. All students wishing to graduate must apply for graduation by the application deadline.
- Commencement ceremonies are the services held at the end of each fall and spring semester. These are ceremonies in which the achievement of the degree is recognized and celebrated by the University community and the students' friends and family.
Applications for graduation should be submitted in MyCSU, Students page, Student Records tab.
- Spring: January 30th
- Summer: May 30th
- Fall: August 30th
Yes. There is a non-refundable graduation fee of $60.
The application fee is charged the semester of graduation. Please refer to the academic calendar for the fee deadline.
No. Cap and gown are separate.
Approximately six weeks after the official close of the term in which you have graduated.
Diplomas include the following information:
- Student's name (first, middle, and last)
- Major (effective February 2021)
- Honor notation, if applicable
- Conferral date (date of commencement)
Diplomas DO NOT include minors, support field, emphasis, and/or concentrations.
- Undergraduate 8.5 x 11
- Graduate 11 x 17
Orders may be placed through Parchment. Undergraduate diplomas cost $25 and graduate diplomas cost $40.
You must have a minimum institutional and overall grade point average, please refer to the academic catalog for the required grade point average.
No. Not at this time.
No, if you have a University Hold your diploma will not be released.
When you apply for graduation, you are applying for the degree to be awarded in that particular term. Graduation applications DO NOT roll to the next term. If you do not complete all the requirements, you must reapply
Please note that there is no summer commencement. Summer candidates have the opportunity to attend the Fall commencement.
During Grad Finale you will have the opportunity to place your order for cap, gown, graduation announcements, and class ring. The dates for the Grad Finale will be posted on the website.
- Certificate, Associate and Bachelor students place tassel on right side
- Master, Specialist and Doctoral students place tassel on left side