Mission and Board
Just two years after the establishment of Columbus College, now known as Columbus State University, the CSU Alumni Association was founded in 1960, with the central purpose of engaging the University's alumni. Over the years, the Association has evolved to accommodate the changing needs of its alumni base, which today totals over 38,000 degree-holders.
The mission of the Columbus State University Alumni Association, Inc. is to support, foster and promote the aims and objectives of Columbus State University and to establish mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni. Our goal is to keep alumni connected, informed and involved with Columbus State University.
Board of Directors
CSU's Alumni Association works with the University's Office of Alumni Engagement to build and maintain a base of loyal and active alumni who continue to support and participate in the affairs of the University. The Association's current Board of Directors is led by:
- President: Twilya Toombs '05
- Vice President: Lionel Haynes, Jr.'06 & '07
- Secretary: Michelle McIntire '94
- Immediate Past President: Cortney Laughlin Wilson '11 & '12
- Matt Andrade '97
- Chris Bass '19 & '20
- Pops Barnes '01
- Marvia Bright '20
- David Britt '03
- Al Bruni '82
- Donald Bush '81
- Marvin Crumbs '94 & '97
- Quent DeLoach '10, '13, & '17
- Jessica Ferriter '16
- Jacqueline Flakes '94 & '96
- Mary Garcia-Bowie '15 & '17
- DeWayne Harris '14
- Carlie Hinson '16 & '18
- Melissa Ingle Hammer '05
- Troy Jackson '11
- Tom Kirkbride '01 & '05
- Candice Lawrence '13
- Amber Massey '97 & '98
- Cassie Myers '12
- Judy Nail '73 & '76
- Ericka Parker '07
- Gwen Ruff '88
- De'Ana Singletary '07 & '15
- Ben Thames '97
In addition to our Board of Directors, the Alumni Association oversees three councils and committees.
Apply to Be on the Board of Directors
If you're looking to take your involvement to the next level, consider applying for a position on our Board of Directors. Applications are due March 31st yearly and will be available in January.
Board Member requirements:
- Annual support of Columbus State.
- Participation in programs and sponsored activities of the Office of Alumni Engagement and Columbus State.
- Be an ambassador and advocate on behalf of Columbus State and the Alumni Association.
- Attend three scheduled board meetings each year.
- Offer ideas and help to make the Board and the Alumni Association more meaningful to alumni and the Columbus State University community.
All candidates must be Columbus State University graduates. The Nominating Committee takes into consideration prior engagement and support of CSU when choosing future board members as this demonstrates a prior understanding and commitment to the mission of the CSU Alumni Association.
The Board of Directors application link will be available in early January 2024.
Past Presidents of the CSU Alumni Association
- Sharon F. Adams, B.S. '73, M.P.A. '96
- Jim Lamb, B.B.A. '87
- Grover Barfield, III, A.S. '66
- Jane Madayag, A.S. '87, B.B.A. '88
- Peggy Batastini, B.A. '73, M.Ed. '76
- Dom Manio, B.S. '75, B.S.Ed. '84
- Robin Batastini, A.S. '83
- Celeste M. Marlow, B.S. '78, M.S. '90
- Sharon Bodnar, B.B.A. '78
- Sommer Rinehart, B.B.A. '05
- R. Marie Bruner, B.B.A. '93
- Stephen A. Rogers, B.B.A. '77
- Adrie Buckner-Johnson, B.S. '86
- Cynthia M. Rowe, A.S. '83, B.B.A. '85
- Roger W. Buterbaugh, B.A. '76, M.S.A. '90
- Kimberly Scott, B.S.Ed. '01, M.Ed. '02
- Kat Cannella, B.A. '04, M.B.A. '12
- Tashee Singleton, B.B.A. '04
- Catheryne J. Farris, B.S. '76
- Arthur L. Smith, III, B.S. '76
- Lavonda Forbes, A.S. '65, B.B.A. '83
- Jane Spettel, B.B.A. '83
- Paul Holmer-Monte, A.A.S.C.S. '97, B.B.A. '00
- Ben Thames, B.B.A. '97
- Alice G. Howard, B.S. '77
- Audrey E. Wolfe, B.S. '85
- Allena G. Johnson-Sperry, B.S. '83
- Laurie Wolfe, B.B.A. '85
- Wallace A. Kite, B.S. '74, M.B.A. '83
- Denise E. Elwood, B.B.A. '79, M.B.A. '83
- LaVern W. Klenz, Jr., B.S. '76, M.B.A. '96
- Raymond B. Lakes, B.A. '71, M.B.A. '79