This website uses cookies. Learn more via our web privacy policy. For questions, please email dataprivacy@columbusstate.edu.
Benning Herald Collection, SMC 148 - Columbus State University

Presidential Search Information and Updates

Archives and Special Collections

Benning Herald Collection, SMC 148

Organizational Note

Fort Benning was originally established as Camp Benning during on October 7, 1918. On January 9, 1922, The War Department's General Order No. 1 made the camp a permanent military post and became known as Fort Benning. Today, Fort Benning currently has over 180,000 acres. The Benning Herald became the official publication for the base and consisted of news from around the base and military as well as Columbus.

Scope and Content

Two editions of the Benning Herald published in March 1933 and February 1935.

Permission to Publish

Permission to publish material from the Benning Herald Collection must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives at Columbus State University. Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required:

Benning Herald Collection (SMC 148) Columbus State University Archives Columbus, Georgia

Provenance

Gift of the Columbus Museum, 2017

Note to Researchers

See also:

Infantry School at Fort Benning (MC 329)Columbus/Fort Benning Postcard Collection (SMC 121)

Item List

Item 1 - Benning Herald, March 10, 1933

Item 2 - Benning Herald, February 8, 1935

Virtual Advisor