Alicia Bryan, Ph.D., FACSM, CMES
Education and CertificationsPh.D. Kinesiology, The University of Alabama, 2006
M.A., Exercise Science, The University of Alabama, 2002
B.A., Psychology, The University of Alabama, 1997
Alicia T. Bryan, Ph.D., FACSM, is the Associate Provost and Vice President for Faculty Affairs at Columbus State University. Dr. Bryan served 15 years in the Department of Kinesiology and Health Science as a tenured Associate Professor of Exercise Science and the Physical Activity and Wellness Coordinator. She has earned credentials as an American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Fellow and Certified Medical Exercise Specialist (CMES).
Dr. Bryan is active in ACSM. She serves as the Chair of the ACSM Strategic Health Initiative: Women, Sport, and Physical Activity Committee (2020-2025), Co-Chair of the Minority Health and Research Special Interest Group (2020-2023), member of the Administrative Council (2023-2024) and the Education and Allied Health Trustee for the Board (2022-2025). She is also a member of ACSM's Exercise Science Education Interest Group. Additionally, Dr. Bryan has provided editorial and review services for Clinical Medicine Insights: Women's Health Journal, the Athens Journal of Sports, ACSM's Exercise Prescription for Older Adults, McGraw-Hill's Fitness and Wellness textbook, and the annual meeting of the Southeast Chapter of ACSM.
In addition to her administrative and professional responsibilities, Dr. Bryan serves her local community in multiple capacities. She serves as:
- an advisory board member of the Sports and Fitness Management Program Advisory Committee for Columbus Technical College and the Christian Women's Job Corps of Columbus, GA,
- A member and officer of the Auburn Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- A member of the National Council of Negro Women, Columbus, Ga Section and officer in the Georgia State Coalition,
- Advisor to the collegiate section of NCNW at Columbus State, and
- Founder and CEO of Evolutions, Inc., a fitness and nutrition consulting company.
Dr. Bryan has a passion for equipping and empowering women with skills to become leaders within their community through education, employment, or entrepreneurial opportunities. Because of her dedicated service to providing leadership to women and students, Dr. Bryan welcomes the opportunity to serve.