Architectural Photographs Collection (SMC 89)
Scope and Content
This collection consists of photographs of buildings in the Columbus, Georgia and Phenix City, Alabama area during the 1950's. There are eighteen dated 1955 showing the erection of the 4th National Bank, the corner of 1st Ave and 13th St in Columbus, now Suntrust. There is one postcard of the First Baptist Church (n.d.) Eleven color photos are of a church, believed to be on Reese Rd. Twenty-six large photos include shots of ten public schools and the Bradley Library, two of the Ledger-Enquirer building, St. Francis Hospital, 1st National Bank, 4th National Bank, Country Club of Columbus, and the Warren Williams housing project. Eight of these photos are of area businesses; Pope Motor Co., Nabisco, McKesson & Robbins, Tom Houston Peanut Co., Archer Hosiery Mill, and a shopping center. There are also small photos of a church (2) and the A&P.
Permission to Publish
Permission to publish material from the Architectural Photograph collection must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives. Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required:
Architectural Photograph Collection, SMC 89
Columbus State University Archives