Columbus Manufacturing Company Stock Certificate (SMC 55)
This facility began in the 1830s and was known successively as James Shivers & Co., the Columbus Factory, the Columbus Manufacturing Co. and the Chattahoochee Falls Co. After the textile mill was burned at the end of the Civil War, it was rebuilt by Horace King. Throughout most of its existence the mill was locally known as Clapp's Factory. Its relationship to the later Columbus Manufacturing Company founded by W. C. Bradley in 1899 is unknown.
Scope and Content
This consists of one item, a stock certificate for 50 shares in the Columbus Manufacturing Company issued to Julius R. Clapp on April 2, 1867. April 2, 1967
Permission to Publish
Permission to publish material from the Columbus Manufacturing Company Stock Certificate must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives at Columbus State University. Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required: Columbus Manufacturing Company Stock Certificate (SMC 55) Columbus State University Archives Columbus, Georgia
- Folder 1 - Stock certificate for 50 shares issued to Julius r. Clapp, April 2, 1867.