This website uses cookies. Learn more via our web privacy policy. For questions, please email dataprivacy@columbusstate.edu.
Brown Cotton Gin Co. Collection (SMC 12) - Columbus State University

Presidential Search Information and Updates

Archives and Special Collections

Brown Cotton Gin Co. Collection (SMC 12)

Organizational Note

Brown Cotton Gin of New London, Connecticut was founded in Columbus, Georgia in 1843 under the name of E. T. Taylor & Co and later renamed the Clemons, Brown & Co. In 1858 they moved to Connecticut and changed their name to the Brown Cotton Gin Co.

Scope and Content

This is a 64 page promotional brochure describing their machinery and containing many testimonials. There are also two complete photocopies of the booklet in the folder. 1 item 1882

Permission to Publish

Permission to publish material from the Brown Cotton Gin Co. Promotional Brochure Collection must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives at Columbus State University. Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required: Brown Cotton Gin Co. Promotional Brochure Collection (SMC 12) Columbus State University Archives Columbus, Georgia

Provenance

Purchased by the Schwob Library in 1990.

Virtual Advisor