Chattahoochee Valley Regional Library System (MC 405)
The new Columbus Public Library, often referred to as the Main Library, is now located on Macon Road where once the Columbus Square Mall stood. Officials broke ground for the new main library building on April 24, 2003. This new building would replace the W.C. Bradley Memorial Library which was no longer adequate in size to serve the citizens of Columbus, Georgia.
Scope and Content
This small collection consists of materials on the planning and construction of the new Columbus Public Library on Macon Road, part of the Chattahoochee Valley Regional Library System.
2000s 1 box (1 c.f.)
Permission to Publish
Permission to publish material from the Chattahoochee Valley Regional Library System must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives at Columbus State University. Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required:
Chattahoochee Valley Regional Library System (MC 405) Columbus State University Archives Columbus, Georgia
Note to Researchers:
- Folder 1 - Columbus Public Library, Dec. 2004
- Folder 2 - Columbus Public Library Master Plan, 2000-2001
- Folder 3 - Founders Corner unveiling, Oct. 8, 2009
- Folder 4 - Friends of Libraries
- Folder 5 - Library Project Development Committee, 1999-2000
- Folder 6 - Valley Vanguard, newsletter of the CRLS, 1994, 1998