Dixie Doll Study Club Records (MC 300)
The Dixie Dollies of Columbus, Georgia organized on January 25, 1984 with Linda Kaverud as president and Linda B. Johnson as secretary. They presented their application for membership in the United Federation of Doll Clubs, Inc. in October 1984 and were accepted in February 1985. Their annual dues were set at $ 12.50. Their first membership directory shows eleven members. The purpose of the club was to create, stimulate and maintain a local and national interest in all matters pertaining to dolls. The local club had a number of shows around Columbus, including the Museum, the Historic District, state conventions and other venues. Georgia's third annual state mini-conference was held in Columbus, "A Victorian Tea Party". The club changed its name from The Dixie Dollies to The Dixie Doll Study Club soon after founding. The club disbanded in May 1991.
Scope and Content
The collection consists of two boxes. The first holds the club guestbook, the contents of the chapter scrapbook, and a scrapbook from the United Federation of Doll Clubs. The second box contains 15 folders with club memorabilia, photos, agendas and programs.
1984-1991 2 boxes (.66 l.f.)
This collection was donated to the Archives by Callie McGinnis in September 2013.
Permission to Publish
Permission to publish material from the Dixie Doll Study Club Collection must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives. Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required:
Dixie Doll Study Club Collection, MC 300Columbus State University ArchivesColumbus State UniversityColumbus, Georgia
Box and Folder List
- Folder 1 -- Guest book, n.d.
- Folder 2 -- Scrapbook contents (blue binder), 1984-1991
- Folder 3 -- Scrapbook/binder from the United Federation of Doll Clubs, 1984-1997
- Folder 1 - Agendas, 1985-1991
- Folder 2 - Annual Report, 1988
- Folder 3 - Bibliography, compiled in 1986
- Folder 4 - By-Laws and Standing Rules, 1984-1986
- Folder 5 - Conferences, 1986-1987
- Folder 6 - Correspondence, 1986-1991
- Folder 7 - Doll Show and Shop Brochures, 1980s
- Folder 8 - Membership, 1988-1990
- Folder 9 - Nametags and Invitations, 1990 and n.d.
- Folder 10 - Newsletters, 1986-1990
- Folder 11 - Newspaper Clippings, 1990
- Folder 12 - Photographs, 1980s
- Folder 13 - Programs, 1987-1990
- Folder 14 - Supplies and Stationary, 1988
- Folder 15 - Timeline, 1984-1991