RC Cola Collection (MC 204)
"Unveiling a series of industry firsts - the first aluminum cans, 16oz bottlers, low-calorie and caffeine-free diet sodas - Royal Crown Cola maintained the same spirit of innovation established by its founder over a century ago and grew so successful it became a part of American popular culture featured in magazines, movies, and television shows." - from www.rccolainternational.com/about
Scope and Content
This collection contains company records and publications, stock certificates, sales and marketing materials, and original artwork in various mediums and designs for the various brands owned by the company, including Chero-Cola, Nehi, Par-T-Pak, Royal Crown, Diet Rite, and Gatorade (1912-2003).
Permission to Publish
Permission to publish material from the RC Cola Collection must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives at Columbus State University. Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required: Royal Crown Cola Company Records (MC 204) Columbus State University Archives Columbus, Georgia
Gift of Jimmy McKinstry in 2005.
Note to Researchers
The History of Royal Crown Cola Company [microfilm]
Our Story: Royal Crown Company, Inc. [video recording]
The Story of Royal Crown Cola Co. [sound recording]
This collection is in the process of being arranged and described and is available for limited research at this time.
Box and Folder/Item List
- Folder - Chero Cola Co. incorporation papers, 1912, with amendments, 1919, 1921
- Folder - Chero-Cola Company by-laws, 1912
- Folder - Chero Cola Co. Board of Directors Meeting Minutes, 1912-1918
- Folder - Chero Cola Co. Board of Directors Meeting Minutes, 1919-1926
- Folder - Chero Cola Co. Stockholders Meeting Minutes, 1912-1918
- Folder - Chero Cola Co. Stockholders Meeting Minutes, 1919-1926
- Folder - Chero-Cola Annual Banquet (Sales and Advertising Representatives) Menu, 1915
- Folder - The Coca-Cola Company v. The Chero-Cola Company, 1915
- Folder - "Stone and Concrete Foundations from the Standpoint of Efficiency and Economy" by George C. (Warren, Automobile Club of America, National Highways Association, etc.), 1916
- Folder - Chero-Cola Company Second Annual Barbecue, 1919
- Folder - Chero-Cola Correspondence, 1918-1919
- Folder - Chero Cola Co. "Memo of Meeting and Actions of Executive Committee," 1920
- Folder - Resolution on the death of Lucius A. Hatcher, 1921
- Folder - Contract between Chero-Cola and McJunkin Advertising Company, 1923
- Folder - "What's in a Name?" Nehi booklet, 1925
- Folder - Nehi, Inc. incorporation papers, 1926
- Folder - Chero-Cola Company v. Martha E. May, 1929
- Folder - Newspaper article: H.R. Mott elected president of Nehi, 1934
- Folder - Summary History of Title, 1901-1932, with letter dated 1937
- no date - "Canadian Materials"
- 1959 (two scrapbooks)
- 1960, 1961, 1962
- 1963 - "Proofbook Diet-Rite Newspaper"
- 1963 - "Proofbook Magazines Consumer and Other"
- 1963 - "Miscellaneous Proofbooks and Outdoor Scrapbook"
- 1963 - "Merchandising Scrapbook"
- 1963 - "Proofbook RC Cola Newspaper"
- 1964 - "Diet-Rite Flavors and Dietary Upper 10 Newspaper Scrapbook"
- 1964 - "Consumer Magazine and Trade Space Scrapbook"
- 1964 - "Merchandising, Outdoor & Miscellaneous Scrapbook"
- 1964 - "Royal Crown Cola Newspaper Scrapbook"
- 1964 - "Diet-Rite Newspaper Scrapbook"
- 1965 - "Royal Crown Cola & Diet-Rite Cola Magazine Advertising"
- 1965 - "Diet-Rite Cola Newspaper Advertising"
- 1965 - "Royal Crown Cola Newspaper Advertising"
- 1966 - "Diet-Rite Cola Newspaper Proofs"
- 1966 - "Regular and Dietary Magazine Proofs"
- 1966 - "Royal Crown Cola Newspaper Proofs"
- 1967 - "Dietary Newspaper Proofs"
- 1968 - "Miscellaneous Proofs and Advertising Exploitations"