- School Counseling
- University of Holy Cross - Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Supervision & Education
- University of Holy Cross - Master of Arts in Community Counseling
- Dillard University - Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Prior to becoming a counselor educator, I served 14 years in public schools as a national and state-certified school counselor and I am a licensed professional counselor supervisor in Georgia and Louisiana. I was also a public school teacher in New Orleans La. I currently serve on the editorial board for the Professional School Counseling journal and have presented at various conferences and professional workshops. My research interests include school culture and counseling program implementation, support for marginalized populations, and post-degree supervision of school counselors.
- Brott, P., Patterson-Mills, S., & Sandifer, M. C. (2020, July 30-31). The critical need for clinical supervision among practicing school counselors [Conference session]. International Interdisciplinary Conference on Clinical Supervision, Chicago, IL. United States. Conference canceled)
- Sandifer, M. C., & Gibson, E. M. (2020, March 20-21). Social justice change agents: Addressing retention of African American males [Conference session]. Evidenced Based School Counseling Conference, Boca Raton, FL, United States. https://www.ebscc.org/ (Conference canceled)
- Sandifer, M. C. (2019, November 2) Effective writing habits [Presentation]. Columbus State University, Columbus, GA. United States
- Sandifer, M. (2018, May 30-31). School counselors and school safety: Counselor role and supportive school climates [Conference session]. Louisiana Teacher Leader Summit, New Orleans, LA. United States.
- Sandifer, M., & Rock, W. (2018, May 30-31). ASCA model implementation [Conference session]. Louisiana Teacher Leader Summit, New Orleans, LA. United States.
- Rock, W., & Sandifer, M. (2017, Oct.) Louisiana school counseling association comes to you: ASCA national model implementation and applying for ramp [In-service training] Ascension Parish School District, Alexandria, LA. United States.
- Sandifer, M., & Davis, D. (2017, Oct 1-3). Iron sharpens iron: Moving from counseling success to significance via the social media platform [Conference session]. Louisiana Counseling Association Conference- Baton Rouge, LA. United States.
- Thomas, P., & Sandifer, M. (2016, April 3-7). An LPC in trouble: A mock LPC board hearing [Conference session]. Law and Ethics in Counseling Conference- New Orleans, LA. United States.
- Thomas, P., & Sandifer, M. (2016, April 3-7). Technology and ethical concerns in counseling [Conference session]. Law and Ethics in Counseling Conference- New Orleans, LA. United States.