Dr. Riduan Abid
- Cloud Computing: Cloud & Edge; Containerization Orchestration.
- Big Data: HPC for Big Data processing; Big Data for Genomics; Data Science
- Smart Grids & Smart Buildings: AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure); WSNs (Wireless Sensor Networks) & Smart Control for SG & SBs.
- D. in Computer Science, Auburn University, USA (2010)
- MSc in Computer Science, Alakhawayn University, Morocco (2000)
Dr. Abid received a Fulbright Student scholarship in 2006 to joined Auburn University (USA). After graduation with a Ph.D. (in Computer Science) from Auburn University in 2010, Dr. Abid joined Alakhawayn University as an Assistant Professor. He was promoted to Associate Professor in 2015. In 2016, he received a NAS USAID/PEER grant (#5-398), to research Smart Grids, as a Principal Investigator. In 2017, he received a Fulbright Research scholarship to join University of Houston (USA), where he researched Cloud Computing. Dr. Abid is a USA NAS (National Academy of Sciences) Arab-American fellow. In 2018, he received a NAS scholarship to join Purdue University (USA), where he researched Smart Cities. In 2022, Dr. Abid joined CSU as an Associate Professor.
Dr. Abid is fond of coaching and programming. He won, for six consecutive years (2014’, 15’, 16’, 17’, 18’, 19’), the first prize as a coach, at the National ACM Moroccan Collegiate Programming Contest (MCPC) contest organized by the Moroccan-ACM (Association for Computer Machinery) and qualified twice to the ACM ICPC (International Collegiate Programming Contest) World Finals: 2015’ in Marrakech, and 2018’ in Beijing.
Dr. Abid has over 50 publications in renowned conferences and journals. His main research evolves around Cloud & Edge Computing, Big Data Processing, Smart Grids, Distributed Systems, and Wireless Mesh Networks. Dr. Abid is an IEEE and ACM member