Columbus State University Presidential Search Committee Named
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia (USG) has named members of the Columbus State University Presidential Search Committee. The committee will conduct a national search to replace President Chris Markwood, who retired July 1.
Dr. John M. Fuchko III, the system’s vice chancellor for organizational effectiveness, currently serves as Columbus State’s interim president.
Members of the Presidential Search Committee are as follows:
- Regent C. Thomas Hopkins, Jr., M.D., committee chair
- Regent and Board Chairman Harold Reynolds
- Regent W. Allen Gudenrath
- Jordan Allen, president, Student Government Association
- Victoria Buchanan, graduate assistant, ROAR Orientation
- Stephen T. Butler, retired CEO and chairman of the W.C. Bradley Co.; member, CSU Foundation Board of Trustees
- Marvin Crumbs, Ed.D., principal, Columbus High School; member, CSU Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Larry Dooley, Ph.D., professor and chair, Department of Theatre and Dance, College of the Arts
- Floyd Jackson, Ph.D., professor and chair, Department of Chemistry; interim chair, Department of Earth and Space Sciences; College of Letters and Sciences
- William Keen, student development coordinator, Office of Student Life and Development; chair, CSU Staff Council
- Troy Keller, Ph.D., professor, Department of Earth and Space Sciences, College of Letters and Sciences; chair, Faculty Senate
- Ashley May, vice chancellor of external affairs and chief of staff, University System of Georgia
- Lydia Ray, Ph.D., associate professor of Computer Science, TSYS School of Computer Science, Turner College of Business
- Gwen Ruff, senior vice president, Administration and Community Outreach, Columbus Water Works; colonel (retired), U.S. Army Reserves; member, CSU Foundation Board of Trustees; member, CSU Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Natalia Temesgen, associate professor of Creative Writing, Department of English, College of Letters and Sciences
- Teddie Ussery, chair, CSU Foundation Board of Trustees
- Cortney Wilson, director, William B. Turner Center for Servant Leadership; member, CSU Alumni Board of Directors
- Steven Wright, Ph.D., assistant professor of Counselor Education, College of Education and Health Professions, executive secretary (AY21-22), Faculty Senate
- Jimmy Yancey, former regent; member, CSU Foundation Board of Trustees; retired president and chairman of the Board of Directors, Synovus Financial Co.
The Presidential Search Committee will guide the first stage of the search. ZRG Partners has been retained to provide search consulting services. At the conclusion of its work, the committee will forward the credentials of three to five unranked candidates to the Board of Regents for consideration.