Summer Admit Traditional Student Orientation
Welcome to the Traditional Student Orientation. If you are a Freshman, please read and thoroughly follow the steps below to register. All students are required to attend a ROAR session prior to enrolling in classes. This is for traditional students starting their first semester as a Summer Admit. If you are a fall admit student, please go to the Fall Admit Traditional Student page.
Once you have completed all required ROAR components, your academic advisor will then advise you on which classes to take during your first semester.
Summer Admit Student Orientation Registration is Now Open!
Starting Classes Summer 2022
How to Register for New Student ROAR Orientation
- Step 1
- On MyCSU, under Student Records, click on 'Advising Survey'. Once the advising survey is complete, your advisor will create your ﬁrst semester schedule. You will conﬁrm your schedule with your advisor at the ROAR Orientation Virtual Orientation Session!
- Step 2
Click register now at the bottom of this page OR log into your MyCSU and click 'Orientation' under Student Records. When prompted, select the term you are entering CSU. Once you have registered for a ROAR Virtual Orientation Session, a Zoom link will be sent to you a week prior to the scheduled session.
- Friday, May 6, 2022: 12pm, 5pm
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022: 12pm, 5pm
- Step 3
- Complete the registration process. Choose one of the ROAR Orientation Sessions—these sessions are fully online. At the end of the registration process, you will be redirected for payment. The ROAR Registration Fee is $50 per student.
- Step 4
- Click on CougarVIEW (located in MyCSU) and find the 'Traditional Freshman Online Orientation' Course. Select the course to access the modules. After Friday April 1st, you will have access to the course two business days following a successful registration and payment.
- Step 5
- Click on content. Complete all five modules. The ‘ROAR Orientation 2022' modules will take you no more than 1 hour to complete.
- Step 6
- Attend your scheduled ROAR Virtual Orientation Session in order for your hold to be removed and register for classes.
- Step 7
- On your ROAR Orientation session date, please log into the Zoom session at least ﬁve minutes before it starts. Remember that you must:
- Complete the Advising Survey
- Complete the 'Traditional Freshman Online Orientation' modules
- Attend your required scheduled Non-Traditional ROAR Virtual Orientation Session
Please Note: There are no refunds for the ROAR Orientation Program after registration and payment have been submitted.