Summer Financial Aid
Great news! Federal and state financial aid is available for summer for qualified students. For the summer of 2022, you must have a 2021–2022 FAFSA on file to be considered for federal aid.
If you have submitted your 2021–2022 FAFSA:
- Your financial aid awards will be posted to your MyCSU about a week after you register for summer classes.
If you have not submitted your 2021–2022 FAFSA (or if you need to add CSU’s school code):
- Visit Studentaid.gov. CSU's school code is 001561.
- Although the priority deadline for applying for aid was April 1, aid can continue to be processed throughout the semester. However, you may have to pay out-of-pocket if the financial aid process is not complete by the payment deadline. See fee payment deadlines.
- Follow the Financial Aid checklist (PDF) to ensure your aid is awarded as seamlessly as possible
The following financial aid is available to qualified students who enroll in summer:
- HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarships: If you are eligible for the HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship, you will be eligible for these awards for the summer term. There is no minimum number of hours of enrollment required to receive these scholarships.
- PELL: Pell Grants are available for summer courses depending on your eligibility. Most students will need to register for at least six semester hours.
- SEOG: A limited amount of SEOG is available for qualified students.
- Loans: You must be enrolled at least half time (six hours for undergraduate students, five hours for graduate students) to receive federal student loans. Check your MyCSU for remaining loan availability. Additional loans include:
- You must be enrolled in degree applicable coursework. Learn more.
- Use the Financial Aid checklist (PDF) to help with all stages of the awarding process.
- Transient students are not eligible to receive federal financial aid at CSU. You may receive federal financial aid only at your home institution. However, HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarships are available to qualified students; please ask your home institution to send a transient certification to CSU.