April 28, 2020 - Post Shelter in Place Directive
As the Shelter in Place order expires on Thursday, April 30, please keep in mind that from May 1 until further notice, CSU will continue to operate under our Essential Physically Present Employees guidelines. Individuals who have not been designated as Essential Physically Present Employees should not come to campus unless instructed to do so by the University. In the rare instance that a faculty or staff member who has been designated as a 100% remote worker must come to campus they should continue to:
- Call University Police (706-568-2022) prior to their arrival on campus
- Provide UPD with the nature of their visit, expected time of arrival and the location of their visit
- Provide UPD with their expected time of departure from campus.
As previously announced, 100% of our summer classes with be delivered online.
More than 60 of your colleagues from across campus are currently working on our Return to Campus Taskforce. This team is working in conjunction with guidance from the USG to develop a staggered approach for faculty and staff to return to campus to prepare for face to face instruction in the fall semester, unless new directives are issued.
We will continue to update you via email, social channels, and on the resource page at https://www.columbusstate.edu/covid-response/. Please note, that this a very fluid situation and plans may change as additional directives are issued. Please contact Chip Reese, firstname.lastname@example.org, or one of the following workgroup leaders if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas:
- Workplace and Health Safety – Kelly Wilson, Executive Director of Facilities Plant Operations
- Academics & Research – Dr. Ron Williams, Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs & Academic Innovation
- Public Service, Outreach, Continuing Education & Cooperative Extension – Shana Young, Assistant Vice President of Leadership Development, Executive Director, The Leadership Institute
- Student Life – Dr. Gina Sheeks, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Enrollment Management – Sallie McMullin, Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Athletics – Todd Resser, Director of Athletics
- Communication – Greg Hudgison, Director of University Relations
- Fiscal Impact – Jeff Davis, Vice President for Business and Finance
- University Advancement & Community Partnerships – Rocky Kettering, Vice President of University Advancement
Please take every precaution to keep yourself, your family and your community safe.