March 26, 2020 - CSU Refund Plans
We cannot thank you enough for your patience as we create and work through new processes, just as you are having to do. In response to guidance provided by the University System of Georgia (USG), Columbus State University will implement a Student Refund Plan for students who have paid fees for the Spring 2020 semester. This includes housing, dining, and other appropriate fees. Please see details below.
What will be refunded?
CSU will issue partial refunds to students required to move out of on-campus housing and those who no longer have access to dining services. Other fees will be prorated and refunded.
- Housing plans refunds will be prorated using March 16 as the last date of service.
- The All Access Meal Plan will be prorated using March 16 as the last date of service. Block meal plans and declining balances will be refunded based on the unused amount remaining on the student’s meal account.
- Portions of mandatory fees will be prorated. These include the Campus Access Fee, Athletic Fee, Activity Fee, and International Fee.
- Per guidance of the University System of Georgia, refunds will not be provided for fees which are committed to debt service obligations such as the Student Recreation Center and Student Parking Deck.
- Refunds will not be provided for the Student Health Fee as the Student Health Center will continue to serve students for the remainder of Spring Semester.
- Refunds will not be provided for the Technology Fee or Special Institutional Fee, as these remain critical in supporting continuity of instruction and associated support, and these fees are assessed to on-campus and online students.
- Miscellaneous Fees:
- Housing Activity Fee will be prorated using March 16 as the last date of service.
- Graduation Fee will be refunded at 100%.
- Graduation Regalia purchases will be refunded separately by the CSU Bookstore. To receive your refund, please email the bookstore at email@example.com with your name, phone number and type of package ordered.
- Parking Decal Fee will be prorated using March 16 as the last date of service.
How will I receive my refund?
Refunds that result in a credit balance on a student’s account will be sent to the student via BankMobile. Please be sure that your refund preference is set. For more information on that, please visit: https://bursar.columbusstate.edu/refunds.php
When will I receive my refund?
As of April 10, 2020, all refunds to students have been issued and sent to BankMobile. Thank you for your continued patience as we work through this unprecedented situation as quickly as possible.
Is it possible that I won't receive a refund?
You will not receive a refund if:
- Your charges were covered by a sponsoring organization, or VA benefits.
- You did not originally pay the fee now being refunded.
- You owe a balance for Spring 2020. The refund will be applied to the balance before a refund is disbursed. Please note that if your fees were waived, you will not receive a refund.
To be fair to you and your family, we have to get this right. To be caring, we have to understand the hassle you are going through with moving out and other major adjustments. It’s a traumatic experience with the disruption of services and our hope is not to add any additional stress to this situation.
Please let us know how we can help!