March 20, 2020 - COVID-19 and Important Health Resources available to students through SHIP
All students at University System of Georgia institutions are now eligible to consult with doctors, nurses and mental health specialists through United Healthcare StudentResources as they work through issues related to COVID-19. These consultations are no cost for students enrolled in the USG Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) and $40 for non-enrolled students. There is a 24/7 help line available for all students at no charge.
Students that have questions or concerns about whether they are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 should immediately call their healthcare provider or member services number through their insurance plan. For students that need guidance or may not have a provider or insurance, the Georgia Department of Public Health has established a hotline. That number is: 844-442-2681.
Services available for ALL students
- Telehealth services (on-line or by phone doctor’s visits) are available for all students through United Healthcare StudentResources HealthiestYou (PDF) program by Teladoc. Download the HealthiestYou mobile app, call 1-855-870-5858 or go online at www.telehelp4students.com.
- Telehealth services are available at no charge to students enrolled in the USG Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
- Students not enrolled in the SHIP program pay $40 per visit.
- Behavioral Health Visits
Optum Support Line
- To support students who may be experiencing anxiety or stress following the recent developments around COVID-19, UHCSR is offering an Emotional-Support Help Line, through Optum, providing access to specially trained mental health specialists.
- Optum’s toll-free help line number, 866-342-6892, will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for as long as necessary. The service is free of charge to all students.
Additional information for Students enrolled in the USG SHIP program
Access to Medical Care, Coverage
- If a student thinks they may have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms of the disease, students should immediately call a provider. To find a network provider, visit www.uhcsr.com/MyAccount or utilize their UHCSR mobile app.
- All testing for COVID-19 will be covered by UHCSR at no charge.
- Additional updates will be made on United Healthcare StudentResources website at: www.uhcsr.com/news-main.
Student Assistance Program
The USG SHIP program offers a student assistance program (PDF) through Optum which provides a wide range of resources to students telephonically. The phone number is available on your UHCSR Mobile App or your www.uhcsr.com/MyAccount.
- Counseling - 24/7 access to crisis intervention services and confidential counseling from licensed clinicians.
- LiveAndWorkWell.com - health risk assessments, health/fitness calculators and other helpful resources.
- Legal and Financial Services - provides help with issues such as credit card debt, divorce, child custody and shelter from abusive relationships.
- Mediation - access to a national network of mediators to help resolve family-related disputes such as divorce, separation, child custody, visitation and support.