GEER Funding for Fall 2021
Students may be eligible for a scholarship from the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund (GEER).
This award of up to $1,000 provides one-time emergency financial assistance for students who encountered unforeseen circumstances due to COVID-19 that may prevent them from continuing their education at Columbus State.
To be eligible, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled in fall 2021 in an undergraduate degree program.
- Be in good academic standing and making progress toward degree attainment, as defined by meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) guidelines for Federal financial aid.
- Have suffered a financial impact due to COVID-19.
- Have filed a 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and been determined eligible for Title IV federal student assistance.
- Have accepted all Federal Title IV federal student assistance for which they are eligible (excluding PLUS loans but including subsidized and unsubsidized loans offered).
- Have an outstanding CSU balance for the fall 2021 term between $1 - $1000.
To be considered for these awards, students must complete the application linked below that requests an explanation and/or documentation of financial or personal circumstances. Review of the application, situation, and availability of funds will determine the funding amount. If awarded, these funds will be applied to the outstanding balance.